2.7.08


I have keys! Thanks to Todero's lock shop on 16th and federal! The locksmith there really has a passion for his work and as soon as he saw the antique I was holding he got excited about making a key for it. He only charged me 20 bucks and finished the job in a day. If you ever need anyone to do this kind of work on an obscure old lock this shop is the place to go.

keys

The ignition works! After spinning the starter with the spark plugs out I saw nice big fat blue sparks. So already 2 of the major elements of combustion are in place: Spark and compression. The next step will be adding oil to the crankcase, putting some gas in the tank and trying to fire it up. I've cleaned the carb thoroughly and the float valve should work. I don't want any nasty gas spills and that stuff is so expensive these days that every drop is worth it's weigh in gold.

Wish me luck


No comments: