18.2.08

Alright here's the new rubber for my cb 550f. I got wide white wall classic tires from maxxis.
tires

The rim has a disc brake I cannibalized from an xs850. It works better in the rain and dissipates heat from the brake pads better because of the cuts in the disc. Plus it's a lot more stylish than the old dinner plate disc brake that was on there
rim

I'm also cooking up a 12v socket that I'll hide underneath the side cover on the battery side. Theres a 7.5 amp inline fuse in the fuse holder and a little switch. I won't install it until i wire in an ammeter for the main fuse though since I've heard that these early honda charging systems were pretty anemic and I don't want to drain the battery completely with this dumb gadget. It'll be useful for when I'm travelling since I'll be able to keep a charge on my cell phone and other things.
Photobucket

No comments: